Please note: During the COVID pandemic, regular services and events provided by organizations may be changed or even shut down. On the other hand, many agencies are offering virtual services, making it easier to access services than before. Please check the agency's webpage, or call them directly (as websites may be out of date).
Date and Time
Event DescriptionMy name is Jason Alderson and I am a Mental Health Educator trained by the Department of Defense and the Mental Health Commission of Canada. Specifically, I teach the Mental Health First Aid course which serves to prepare participants to interact confidently about mental health with their family, friends, communities, and workplaces. We offer in-person and online/virtual courses.
In short, this course accomplishes these key outcomes:
- Increased awareness of signs and symptoms of the most common mental health problems
- Decreased stigma related to mental health
- Increased confidence interacting with individuals experiencing a mental health problem or crisis
- Increased help actually provided to individuals in crisis or experiencing a mental health problem
- Successful participants keep the course manual covering everything that was taught and more
- Certification from the Mental Health Commission of Canada
After the 17 months of isolation, uncertainty and concern, I believe some mental health care and education would be highly beneficial for a team/staff/individual to take care of themselves and each other; not to mention a professional development endeavour. To book a course please contact me via the options below.