Please note: During the COVID pandemic, regular services and events provided by organizations may be changed or even shut down. On the other hand, many agencies are offering virtual services, making it easier to access services than before. Please check the agency's webpage, or call them directly (as websites may be out of date).
Date and Time
Event DescriptionMany of us are afraid of public speaking and find it challenging to facilitate an effective conversation—one that stays on topic and encourages participation. “All the World’s a Stage” will introduce the skills necessary to offer successful presentation and lead a safe well-facilitated group discussion.
Topics will include:
Part 1: Basic Presentation Skills
- Self-talk and Public Speaking
- The Secrets of Presenting
- Communication and Presenting
Part 2: Facilitation Process Tools
- Facilitation Modes
- Safety and Facilitation
- Encouraging Participation (Validation technique)
- Reaching Through Barriers (Acknowledgement Technique)
- Responding to Challenging Situations