Please note: During the COVID pandemic, regular services and events provided by organizations may be changed or even shut down. On the other hand, many agencies are offering virtual services, making it easier to access services than before. Please check the agency's webpage, or call them directly (as websites may be out of date).
Date and Time
Event DescriptionABOUT THE EVENT:
First aid is often thought about in terms of physical emergencies. This 2-hour session is a fantastic introduction into the world of identifying and responding to mental health emergencies!
1 in 3 Canadians experience a mental health challenge in their lifetime. It could be a family member, friend, co-worker, or even yourself! Would you know how to provide support to someone experiencing a mental health crisis?
CHSI has partnered with the Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC) to bring you this intro session. It is presented by a certified MHCC instructor and is highly recommended to those who would like to:
• Learn more about mental health and common emergencies
• Learn how to help someone showing signs of a mental health issue
• Be able to recognize symptoms of distress
• Be able to respond appropriately to a mental health emergency
It is also highly recommended for those who are interested in enrolling in the MHCC’s 2-day Mental Health First Aid Certification course.
• About Mental Health
• About Mental Health Commission of Canada (MHCC)
• What is Mental Health First Aid
• Five actions of MHFA
• Common MH issues/problems
• Tuesday April 12, 2016
• $20 per person plus HST.
• Centre for Health & Safety Innovation (CHSI)
• 5110 Creekbank Road
• Refreshments will be served!
Remember, it's not the emergency that matters, it's how you respond to it!
If you have any other questions about the seminar or our other community events, please email [email protected]