Looking for information about mental health, and where to find help? eMentalHealth.ca provides anonymous, confidential and trustworthy information, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Who We Are
eMentalHealth.ca is a non-profit initiative of the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) dedicated to improving the mental health of children, youth and families.
History and Timeline
- eMentalHealth.ca was founded by Dr. Michael Cheng, Child and Family Psychiatrist at CHEO, in collaboration with Amy Martin, Clinician at Crossroads Children's Centre
- Special thanks to the City of Ottawa and Community Foundation Ottawa for seed funding
- eMentalHealth.ca was an initiative of the Ontario Centre of Excellence for Child and Youth Mental Health.
- Special thanks to the Ontario Centre of Excellence for its generous support over the years
- eMentalHealth.ca returns to the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) as an initiative to benefit children, youth and families with mental health needs in Eastern Ontario and beyond
Special thanks to the generosity of all the volunteers who have contributed to the site, which have included:
- Sarah Ghabrial
- Colombe Lalonde-Jones
- Grace W.
- Alex B.
- Michele A.
- Rebeca S.
- Denise St-Jean
- Monika Dugas
- Kevin Polesello
- And many others...