These are small, non-denominational, group sessions designed to help children (7 - 11) and youth (12 - 15) deal with impulsive behaviours or frequent outbursts of emotions. The group is open to children who have difficulty controlling their emotions or impulsivity, including children diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, Aspergers, Conduct Disorder or learning disabilities. The group is facilitated by trained counsellors with backgrounds in social-emotional development and anger management.
Participants will develop:
- The ability to name and recognize a variety of emotions
- An understanding of the things that trigger strong emotional reactions
- The ability to control emotional reactions, stop outbursts and regulate emotions
- Anxiety and stress-reduction techniques
- The vocabulary to communicate their feelings in a positive way
- Anger and conflict management strategies
- Confidence in themselves and their ability to relate to others.
Ages served: 7 - 15 years
Languages served: English