This Social Skills Group for children ages 8-10 is offered through Jewish Family Services Ottawa. It is a small, specialized group program designed to help your child grow in a number of key areas:
* Breaking down barriers in making friends and socializing
* Conflict management strategies
* Anxiety and stress-reduction techniques
* Engaged listening and problem-solving skills
* Recognizing and managing emotions
* Enhancing self-esteem, assertiveness and confidence
* Self-care and coping
The program is play- and CBT-based (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and is facilitated by two child and family counsellors with expertise in social-emotional development. It is designed to assist children with a variety of challenges including difficulty with peers, Anxiety and ADHD.
Our next group begins October 2017 and ends December 2017. It runs on Wednesdays from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm.
Cost: $280 (covered under many extended health plans).
For more information about this program, contact: Gabrielle Wilson via Tel: 613-722-2225 (ext. 395) or email: [email protected]
Ages served: 8 - 10 years
Languages served: English
Fees: Yes (Please contact us for a description of the group fee)
To be seen: Clients/families may self refer